wtorek, 4 maja 2010

My First Days Of EVS



What is EVS?

Why have u decided to do EVS?

These are the most popular questions when u say: “I`m EVS volunteer…” Actually people, who knows very well what EVS is, don`t ask very often the second question… My EVS voluntary service has already begun; I`m in Gdansk, Poland, and sometimes even now I can`t realize that everything is already ok, because I was waiting for it for about 5-6 months…
Now I`m here, writing short report about my volunteering and day after day my motivation has become deep and deep. Firstly, I want to mention that a lot of things during EVS, especially in the beginning of the project, depends on environment where u are, on people, whom u are surrounded by and I`m so happy that I can archly say “I`m just lucky and I found myself in the group of great people!” I have the best mentor ever! From the first day of my arrival he has just become my friend, helped me to realize better what will be my job at office, with young people, he helped me to communicate easier with local people, with our staff etc…
From the second day I`ve met the Boss and the president of our organization to speak with them about my arrival, accomodation, future plans etc…
Day after day I realized that I like my volunteering more, than I expected, I just love people whith whom I work, I`ve already have first friends, who also help my not to feel myselt alone and to see the sightseeings of Gdansk and polish culture better…

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz